Your Body and Hydration
It has been said that we take care of our vehicles more than we do our own bodies. For instance, car owners are aware when their oil is low or other mechanical fluids need replenishing. At the same time, we generally neglect the status of fluids in our bodies. Without the right fluids, your car experiences wear and tear and premature aging. So does the body.
|Your body is, on average, 70% water:|
|Liver 90%||Kidney 83%|
|Spleen 76%||Bone 35%|
|Brain 85 - 90%||Heart 79%|
|Intestines 75%||Muscle 75%|
|Cells 85%||Lungs 79%|
|Skin 72%||Blood 83%|
Everyone needs to be attentive to whether we are adequately hydrated. Up to 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated to the extent that it affects their health ... coincidentally, that's the same percentage that are overweight or obese. We don't realize that fluids like coffee, tea, sodas, energy drinks, juice drinks, sports drinks or alcoholic beverages are dehydrating the body more than they are providing hydration. Pure water, preferably alkaline, ionized structured water like ShinXen water, is what the body needs, according to more and more natural health practitioners.
According to naturopathic physician Dr. Christopher Vassey, author of The Water Prescription there are 12 symptoms that should make you drink a glass of water:
- Fatigue, Energy loss
- Digestive issues
- High or low blood pressure
- Gastritis, stomach ulcers
- Respiratory issues
- Acid-Alkaline imbalance
- Excess weight
- High cholesterol
- Joint pain
- Wrinkled, dry skin
The adult body is a walking water bag – 45 liters or 11 gallons – 75% water on average. Even more important, the human brain is 85% water and a loss of just 1% affects its ability to function at its best. Every life-sustaining function of the body requires water – that's why water has been called the 'elixir of life'. It is possible to survive 40 days without food but only 7 days without water. No wonder there's a rich mythology about the search for and existence of "the fountain of youth". Adequate hydration is critical to how our body functions and heals itself. Here are some facts you may not know:
- The main cause of daytime fatigue is dehydration.
- Water keeps joints lubricated and cushioned. Water is supports digestion and elimination.
- Water fuels metabolism in every cell in your body, transports nutrients, and removes waste.
- Dehydration reduces the body's ability to remove acid wastes.
- Water is needed to manufacture all neurotransmitters (like serotonin) and all hormones (like melatonin) in your brain. Just a 1% loss of water affects the brain's ability to function properly.
- Water supports the immune system.
- Water helps red blood cells collect oxygen. When you are dehydrated, your blood is thicker, more acidic, and more likely to clot.
- Water lubricates all your joints and your digestive tract and supports healthy colon and urinary tract function
- Adequate hydration reduces the severity and frequency of headaches
- If you're well hydrated, you will recover faster from injury, surgery or illness.
- Water regulates body temperature.
- Water helps to break down and metabolize fats and carbohydrates, and helps the body utilize sugar and salt.
- Water plays a major role in appetite control.
- 8 - 10 glasses of water a day may significantly ease back pain and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- Drinking at least 8-10 glasses of pure water a day decreases the risk of getting breast cancer by 79%, colon cancer by 45% and bladder cancer by 50%.
- The thirst signal means you are already dehydrated, and as we age, that thirst signal is muted.
Why aren't people drinking enough water to stay hydrated? Many people complain that tap water tastes bad (chlorine and other contaminants do make tap water pretty awful) or that they don't drink water because it makes them feel sloshy and bloated. More and more people are resisting the cost of buying bottled water when they are away from home, and forget to bring their own reusable bottles filled with water.
Why Drink Ionized Alkaline ShinXen Water?
Drinking water made with a home water ionizer like the Evontis Elite is becoming the answer for more and more people. ShinXen water is purified with dual filtration, so it tastes great and does not add toxic chemicals to your already overloaded body. It's refreshing, and is absorbed quickly because the molecular cluster size is smaller (micro-clustered) than tap or bottled water and it carries a negative electrical charge. This charge allows the cellular plumbing system to deliver water and nutrients to the cells more efficiently, and remove metabolic waste
In 2003, the Nobel Prize was awarded for the discovery of a protein structure within the cell membrane that regulates water transport into the cells. Called aquaporins, the proteins are positively charged, meaning that only negatively charged water molecules can enter the cell, one molecule at a time. This discovery may help explain the observation that structured, ionized, alkaline water that delivers smaller clusters of water with a negative charge is more hydrating and absorbed faster – people don't feel bloated and sloshy after drinking it.